When a child is traveling with one parent or another adult out of the country, only the parent or parents who are NOT traveling with the child need to sign a letter of consent (in front of the Notary). If the child is traveling with an organized group (such as a sports team), both parents or parent who has sole custody needs to sign.

If your group is local, call us to arrange for a group signing, which we can offer at a significantly reduced rate.

The adult signing must produce government issued photo identification.

The following letter is available for download – please fill it in before you arrive at the office but do not sign it until you are with the Notary. https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/consent-letter

Please make an appointment. 250-656-3951 or toll free 1-866-956-3951.